Each CafeTran installation has an option to run in the memory server mode so that translators could share their translation memories in real time working on the project.
The translator sharing translation memories:
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Memory server and check the Rendezvous server port option. If you need, change the default port number for the connection.
- Click the OK button. CafeTran will start waiting for connections.
- Provide your computer IP number to the other translators in your team who can access your translation memories from CafeTran running on their computers.
- CafeTran will display a message when another translator connects to your working translation memories. The list of active connections can be seen in the menu Memory > Memory server guests.
The translator accessing translation memories:
- Activate the Memory menu via Edit > Show memory menu.
- Go to Memory > Connect to Memory server... .
- In the Host field of Rendezvous server dialog, type the IP number of the computer sharing the translation memories. If necessary, change the other options in this dialog.
- Click the OK button to start the connection.
- If the connection is successful, you should be able to see the Rendezvous memory server matches as you move on to the next segments in your project.