CafeTran is able to bind to your favorite dictation environment. Below are the steps to connect to Google's Voice Typing tool available at Google Docs.
- Open or start a new translation project in CafeTran.
- Choose "Bind external editor" option from the Edit menu. The AutoNext function gets activated in the target segment toolbar.
- Switch to "Detached windows" view in the View menu. This view lets you align CafeTran interface with your dictation editor.
- Open Google Docs editor in Google Chrome browser and align it with CafeTran interface as you like.
- Turn on Voice Typing tool in Google Docs and dictate the translation of the current segment in the editor. Any formatting tags seen in the source segment can be transferred from the external editor through the pipe character '|' in the dictated target segment.
- When the translation is ready, press the following keyboard shortcuts: CTRL+A, CTRL+X. You should notice that the translation is added to the translation memory and CafeTran moves on to the next segment to translate via voice.
- If you wish to switch quickly between CafeTran and the external editor, press ALT+TAB keyboard shortcut. You can also use the "Always on top" Linux window option to keep the external editor where the text is dictated in front of CafeTran's window.