Currently, CafeTran does not support OpenJDK/JRE Java which is installed in various Linux distributions. Instead, the user needs to download and install the latest Oracle's Java for Linux (64-bit Java version recommended) manually.
After the installation of the Java software, download and install CafeTran for Linux, as follows:
- Unzip the downloaded cafetran.zip file in the chosen location in your Linux system.
- Locate Cafetran.sh file in CafeTran's installation folder and edit it in your favorite text editor.
- In the edited Cafetran.sh file, set the full path to Oracle’s Java installation in JAVA_HOME. For example: JAVA_HOME=”/home/username/Java/jre9.0.1″.
- If you work with large translation memories or projects, increase JAVA_MEMORY_MAX value (e.g to 4096m). Do not go over your total RAM memory available in your system.
- Save the change and then set Cafetran.sh file as executable - an option usually available via the right-click at the file.
- Run Cafetran.sh file.
- If you wish, you can copy Cafetran.sh file to the Desktop to run it from there. Before doing it, please edit Cafetran.sh file and set the full path to your CafeTran installation in CAFETRAN_HOME. For example, CAFETRAN_HOME="/home/username/cafetran".