Once in a while, the translator's job is to translate very short paper documents such as various legal and medical certificates, letters, diplomas, stamps, passports, ID cards etc. They are often too short to bother with scanning them to the image files. CafeTran offers a special workflow to deal with the translation of such documents while still being able to use your resources comfortably.
- In the Dashboard black menu, select Project Type > Translate paper document.
- Choose resources to work with in the Translation Memories, Glossaries and Resources sections of the Project Dashboard.
- Click the "New" button.
- In the Project Configuration panel, give a name to your project in the "Project name:" field and press the Finish button.
- In the "Translate a paper document" panel, click "Edit target segments" button. If you also wish to type the source segments, click the "Edit source and target segments" button.
- Translate a part of the paper document such as a sentence or a paragraph in the target segment pane. Search your translation memories, glossaries or web resources to help you find the translation of unknown words or phrases.
- Click the "Next segment" button to translate the next part of the paper document.
- When the translation is finished, click the Export button to send your target language text to Ms Word.
As in the Translation of Scanned Images, CafeTran exports the translation to Ms Word for further formatting of the text. You can choose another format for the export in Edit > Preferences > Workflow > Image translation export to: drop-down list.