The clipboard workflow is a simple yet powerful translation method where the translator can translate the source document directly from the application designed for this document type. The biggest advantage of this workflow is the ability to focus on the translation without any formatting tags and format the translated text in your favorite editor or word processor.
- In the Dashboard black menu, choose Project type > Translate through clipboard and click the "New" button to create a new project.
Open the source document in its application such as Ms Word or Acrobat Reader if the source document is in PDF format.
- Select a fragment of any size, a page or a paragraph for example, and copy it via the CTRL+C (Command+C on Mac) shortcut.
- CafeTran transfers the selected fragment of the source text to its interface automatically and divides it into sentences or paragraphs.
- When the last part of the selected fragment is translated, CafeTran sends back the translation to the external application and waits for the next selected fragment to translate.
- Paste the translated fragment via the CTRL+V (Command+V on Mac) shortcut either replacing the source text in the source document or inserting it into the new target document.
- Repeat the 2-5 cycle until you reach the end of the source document.
For PDF documents, the translated fragment can be pasted into Ms Word or LibreOffice to format it and export back to PDF.