I am happy to release the new version of CafeTran Espresso featuring an interface to Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered by ChatGPT. The name of the interface is CT-L1 Linguist and it is designed to assist the experts in their language-related tasks. The range of its functions includes the following:
The above list of applications does not end here as these are only a few predefined prompts for AI. CT-L1 also allows the user to set the message buttons with their own commands or functions for AI to perform linguistic tasks on a currently-translated sentence, a selected phrase or word.
Furthermore, CT-L1 Linguist has a built-in chat editor where you can interact with AI naturally in your language of choice and in a specified context.
Chatting with AI can solve lots of terminology issues quickly and efficiently. The huge advantage of CT-L1 Linguist is the smooth and unobtrusive integration into the translation process with the predefined messages for the AI triggered automatically or manually.
The design of the interaction with AI language models in CafeTran allows the user to assume a role of the supervisor reviewing the quality, modifying and accepting each single AI response as a translation or terminology suggestion.
CT-L1 stands for the first generation of CafeTran Linguist. Its icon in the user interface is a Greek sigma letter Σ which represents the set of symbols that form an alphabet in linguistics.
Please check this Knowledge Base article on how to connect CafeTran's CT-L1 Linguist to ChatGPT API.
New users are welcomed to download CafeTran Espresso 12 on their systems from its website here.
The licensed users can update their CafeTran installation as follows:
Important! Do not update before exporting your current projects. Please complete all your translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
The update can be performed via Drag and Drop as follows:
1. Make sure your current CafeTran version is at least 10.7. It also should run on Java 11 or a higher version. Please check CafeTran and Java version in CafeTran's Help > About panel.
2. Download 20230818_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On macOS system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading or use another web browser for the download.
3. Drag and Drop the downloaded 20230818_update.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20230818_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Hope you enjoy!
CafeTran Espresso 12.0.1 update has been released with the following:
- fixed an issue in .sdlrpx package creation.
- fixed an issue in the clipboard workflow to translate from external applications.
- small changes in the layout of Dashboard panels.
- an option to open LibreOffice in CafeTran's tab on Windows system.
CafeTran Espresso 12.0.2 update features the following:
- Workflow improvements when translating via the system clipboard - Project type > Translate from another application.
- Added "Preview with LibreOffice" option to the Dashboard menu.
- Added Papiamentu language to the list of supported languages.
CafeTran Espresso 12.0.3 update is available for download with these improvements:
- Saving AI messages in project templates. This enables the creation of custom prompts switching them between projects.
- Surrounding a part of text in AI prompts with the asterisk (*) character to create customised and short button titles for AI prompts/messages.