Since I use two different PCs, it would be great for me to have the "nontranslatables" text file synced across my devices. Unfortunately, I see it is stored under C:\Users\elisa\AppData\Local\CafeTran, which I cannot sync through OneDrive.
I would like to change the location of this text file to a specific OneDrive folder which is synced across my PCs, do you think it is possible?
Instead of the standard nontranslatables file, you could use an ad-hoc glossary, in which case you can store it where you prefer. (And you could also use regular expressions with it.)
Well, I would prefer to have a list of terms with the specific attributes of "nontranslatables". But this is a nice alternative, thanks!
I think Mario is right.
You can create more nontranslatable txt glossaries in the same folder and change the default non translatable glossary in Preferences, but you cannot change the location outside of that folder.
If you can sync that folder, great. Otherwise: you can create a dedicated non-translatables glossary (for that, check the option Non-translatable fragments only when you create a new Glossary) and save the glossary file at your preferred location. You can then add that glossary to the Dashboard and reuse it across projects, just as you would for the default built-in non-translatable glossary . CafeTran glossaries are also txt files.
The third option is to add source terms preceded by the ! character (no need for target term) in a standard glossary to save non-translatables.
Whatever the method applied, all non-translatables will be shown with the purple color background (default color) and accessible via the F4 keyboard shortcut.
I currently have things like my glossaries, translation memories and project folders synced across my computers, so I thought that only the nontranslatable file was missing from the party :)
The third option sounds great to me - I just tried to add the exclamation mark to some terms in one of my glossaries, and this trick works wonderfully.
I am grateful to both for your help!
>The third option is to add source terms preceded by the ! character (no need for target term) in a standard glossary to save non-translatables.
Duh, I didn't know this. I'm using separated non-translatables glossaries for each client, but I'll try to remember your suggestion, since the approach with the exclamation mark might come in handy.