Start a new topic

Selective auto-assembly

Well, I try: would it be easy to have CTE to do auto-assembly for the selected language pairs only in a future version?

I ask this because if I use auto-assembly for, say, EN-IT, the same settings would apply to JP-IT too, which isn't what I wish.

Thanks

Not sure that I understand you correctly. 

Via Projects Templates you can define if and how AA has to take place.

Does that answer your question (partly)?

Until now I avoided to use auto-assembly for both my language pairs, and thought that all AA options needed to be set in Preferences only. So, since I didn't want to having to use AA with JP-IT too, I completely skipped this function.

Now I would like to try with EN-IT (only), but I can't figure out how such AA options can be set via Project Templates (which I use a lot). If you could point me in the right direction, or suggest where to find the necessary instructions, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

It's like often with CafeTran Espresso: it's so simple that it's almost puzzling.

I mean: you cannot set these settings manually in the PT.

What you have to do:

• Create a default PT for EN-IT.
  • You clone this default PT for EN-IT for all clients or subjects or ...
  • Or you use just one default PT for all EN-IT projects (as you prefer).
  • Start a first (or default/dummy) project.
  • Make all settings for AA etc.
  • Quit CafeTran Espresso.
Et voila.
Your PT will contain your preferred settings: CafeTran Espresso will save them in the PT.

Thank you, I'll experiment with your instructions tomorrow.

But, just to be sure, when you say "Make all settings for AA" you mean those in Preference?

Yes

So how did you go with Project Templates? Any questions?

I haven't had time to do a full AA test with both my language pairs yet. I only did one real EN-IT job using AA, and frankly I'm not sure that I prefer this way over the traditional (manual) one. I'll keep experimenting a little bit more.

Undoubtedly, I don't want to waste time by using AA with the JP-IT language pair.

Meanwhile, I hope Igor will chime with some suggestions. 

As I understand it, you don't want the auto-assembling results to appear in the Matchboard in certain project. Then, just right-click at the Matchboard and deselect "Show auto-assembling result" from the pop-up menu.

OK, thanks. Not only I don't want to see AA results in the Matchboard ("Show auto-assembling result" selected). I don't want the target editor get populated by anything either, except for 100% matches.

I know that in so doing I'm ignoring CTEs' most advanced features, but this is the way I prefer.

Try increasing the Auto-assembling insert threshold (%) in Edit > Preferences > Memory tab to 100. The same, if needed, with the "Fuzzy match insert threshold".

Sorry, I meant to say that I only prefer to have TM matches displayed (not only 100% matches). The way CTE is set now works OK for me.

So setting the Auto-assembling insert threshold (%) in Edit > Preferences > Memory tab to 100 should be enough.

Login to post a comment