Start a new topic

Google Translate V3 API (Advanced Translation)

Hello,

I would like to ask the developers of Cafe-Tran if they plan to implement the Google Translate V3 API in to Cafe Tran? The version 3 of google´s translation engine allowes to use pretrained models and glossarys already in the machinetranslation. SDL Trados has already implemented a plugin, which allowes it to use the version 3 of google´s translate API. Will thes feature be implemented also in Cafe Tran? Because, this is a completly a new level of machine translation.

Lg

Dmitrij

As Paul Filkin tells: the documentation is immense and if you don’t understand everything, version 2 is probably what you need :)
BTW: Are you familiar with CTE’s mechanism to team up MT with your own glossaries?

"As Paul Filkin tells: the documentation is immense and if you don’t understand everything, version 2 is probably what you need :)"

Well, its a lot to learn, but once you have done this, you can speed up the post work significantly. The most difficuilt thing about Google translate V3 it, how to make the json file. But there is already prepared documentetion on googl´s website.

"BTW: Are you familiar with CTE’s mechanism to team up MT with your own glossaries?"

it´s not the same.

>"BTW: Are you familiar with CTE’s mechanism to team up MT with your own glossaries?"

>it´s not the same. 

it's a shame.

"it's a shame."

what is a shame?!

because you don´t like the answer?!

Of course it´s not the same.

It's a shame that it's not the same.

If it would be the same, we'd already benefit from it.

On a more serious note: did you already use version 3?

How does it rank, compared to DeepL?

"On a more serious note: did you already use version 3?"

no, not yet. I will try it, with the free version of sdl, if it will be possible. For me, the most difficuilt part is to make the json file. But documentation is on google website avalible.

"How does it rank, compared to DeepL?"

Thank you for the hint with deepL. But it has only 2 language pairs. English-German and English-French. Microsoft has also the option, to use your own glossaries, but only betrween english and an other language.

Login to post a comment