Start a new topic

CafeTran Espresso 10.8

Hello Igor,

Thank you for the new update, with lots of useful stuff.!

When you write:

I like {1}=Me gusta {1}

I take it that with the equal sign you mean the TAB character as a delimiter in glossaries?

Cheers,

Hans

Yes, that's the correct definition with the TAB.

1 person likes this

This is really a puzzling name:

• New Dashboard command in the Dashboard menu. It may be used as the starting point to create new project templates.

Why puzzling? You create the new Dashboard, select the resources there and save it in the project template if you wish so. The users who don't need a project template, can just carry on creating the new projects. The choice to use project templates or not is important.

The old Hamburger menu of the Dashboard:

The new one, introduced with CafeTran Espresso Cornetto:

Non-translatables are coloured purple immediately after adding them.

Thank you!!!

This gives the translator immediate feedback whether she has defined the newly added non-translatable correctly.

Very useful!

Especially since incorrect non-translatables can screw up term recognition, auto-assembling etc. up totally!

It's like with eggs: handle them with care.

>Why puzzling? You create the new Dashboard

Personally, I see the Dashboard as a static part of the UI. So, for me a 'new Dashboard' is problematic.

How do other users see this?

Strange:

I load an existing PT.

I create a new project.

I quit CafeTran Espresso.

The newly created project isn't listed in the project selector. Instead the previously opened project is listed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Regarding Term patterns I have to issues:

In the first segment, the project glossary only displays the short form 'Ich' instead of 'ich liebe'.

In the fourth segment, the word 'man' isn't wrapped with curly quotes.

I wrote:

Strange:

I load an existing PT.

I create a new project.

I quit CafeTran Espresso.

The newly created project isn't listed in the project selector. Instead the previously opened project is listed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I'm having this all the time. Even when I reload the correct PT and use Open project from the Project Selector to open the XLIFF file that CafeTran Espresso has created: after I quit CafeTran Espresso, the previous project is visible in the PS and the new project isn't listed.

I noticed that when I select New Dashboard before I use Open project from the Project Selector to open the XLIFF file that the new project is listed in the PS after quitting CafeTran Espresso.

Can this be replicated?

Yes, loading of a project template disabled saving CT preferences at exit. It should be fixed now. Please try to apply 10.8 update again. Thanks!

> Regarding Term patterns...

Make sure you remove the characters (e.g. " character) that your patterns contain from the "Do not match" field in Preferences > Memory tab.

Matched patterns are displayed in the Matchboard only.

> The right-click Dashboard option to remove all the selected resources in the panel.

Either I've misunderstood the above (quite possible) or this feature is not working on my system. (Open-JDK 13)
Nothing happens when I right-click anywhere on the dashboard.

Right-clicking at the source name in the Dashboard should trigger the popup menu.

Login to post a comment