Start a new topic

Reload segmentation rules before creating project

Hi Igor,

I'd like to request that the segmentation rules be reloaded every time a project is created.

This morning I wasted perhaps 1/2 hour trying to work out why the changes I was making to my segmentation rules didn't appear to be working. Eventually I figured out that CT only loads the segmentation rules on launching, so I restartedCT – problem solved.

In practice, the most likely scenario in which you would want to modify your  segmentation rules is that you create a project, realise it hasn't segmented the way you want, close it, delete it, modify the segmentation rules, then create it anew. Only to find your new rules didn't work.

Yes there's a perfectly simple workaround, but everyone is going to waste 1/2 hour before realising that they haven't messed up their new rules (easily done) and coming up with that undocumented workaround.

Hence my request.

Cheers,
Jeremy

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

> CT only loads the segmentation rules on launching, so I restartedCT – problem solved.

I agree. It would be better to reload them right after their modification, without the need to restart the program.

Login to post a comment