Start a new topic

About the border around highlighted terms and fragments

Above all, thank you for implementing this feature.

I've just checked and noticed that the black right border, which I think should be the main differentiating elements between two adjacent Japanese words, appears only after the second word, while between the two words there is a 1-pixel white space, which however is not very visible when the term highlight color is light (very light gray in my case, for I don't like too bright colors in the source segment, which I find too disturbing). Please see this image:

As a matter of fact, overall the black right border is predominant over the white 1-pixel border, which makes differentiating the two words rather difficult.

Therefore, would it possible to increase to 2 pixel the white space between two adjacent words and remove the final black right border while maintaining the bottom border?

The current implementation of the border is based on the 3d-rectangle effect with the appropriate color shading, so it would be hard to change anything without spoiling the effect. Also, spacing cannot be increased as it would affect Latin characters (especially italics). In this case, make the term highlight color a bit darker to improve visibility of the bright border between two terms.

Igor: spacing cannot be increased as it would affect Latin characters (especially italics).

Would that be too much a problem if only *one* more pixel is added?

In this case, make the term highlight color a bit darker to improve visibility of the bright border between two terms.

In the end I may have to accept this workaround, but at that point no border highlighting would be needed at all.

Login to post a comment