Start a new topic

Help with glossary fuzziness

I'm still struggling to understand how CTE understand fuzzines. Here is a very simple example:

My glossary contains "device", which Italian translation is "dispositivo". While translating, when CTE detects "device" in the source editor if puts "dispositivo" in the target (correct).

But when it detects "devices", it puts the italian translation of "devise" in the target segment. Why?

Note that "Prefix matching" is selected and "Minimal prefix length" is set to 4. "Look up word stems" is unticked.

In other words, what settings are necessary so that CTE picks up the "device" part of "devices"?

Also, although "Auto-asembly" is unticked CTE automatically puts the translated term in the target editor. Why?

1) Not sure, since you don't use AA

2) My glossary has 1234907 lines at the moment, no delay.

Thank you. My glossary is about one eightieth of yours, so I shouldn't expect problems in this area.

But, are you registering both singular and plural forms for English? I don't know what to ask for German and Dutch.

Yes, I add both forms to my glossary. Even with articles.

BTW: I use macros to duplicate the singular or plural to separate lines, so that I only have to type the plural -s or remove it.

OK, it's a huge work but I hope it's more effective and rational than with REs. As for macros, onde day I'll have to try.

Actually, it's very simple with AutoHotkey:

Copy content of Source Term field:

Send keystroke Ctrl+A.

Send keystroke Ctrl+C.

Send keystroke Enter.

Paste content of Source Term field.

Send keystroke Tab.

Copy content of Target Term field:

- Send keystroke Ctrl+A.

- Send keystroke Ctrl+C.

Send keystroke Enter.

Paste content of Target Term field.