Start a new topic

How about letting CTE detect that there are several files in a project folder?

How about letting CTE detect that there are several files in a project folder? Making the user no longer have to select the Multiple files item?

I have thought about it too. It would work for drag and drop, which almost exclusively use, but would it for the other method (select the appropriate workflow in the Dashboard's menu and click New)?

The files are imported after the project creation dialogue box has been closed (which, btw, also contains a checkbox for multiple files), so I cannot see why this wouldn't be possible.

The user selects a folder. CafeTran Espresso 10 detects whether it contains one file or several files and takes the according action.

I like the idea, I'm just discussing the implementation.

What if the folder contains several files. What if the user wants to select a specific file, not a specific folder?

>I like the idea, I'm just discussing the implementation.

Yes, that's what I understand. No problem.

>What if the folder contains several files. What if the user wants to select a specific file, not a specific folder?

Then perhaps it would be a better approach to replace New > Multiple document project with New > Manual file selection?

The default situation would be to either translate one document in one folder or all documents in one folder.

Selecting one document of a folder with multiple documents would be the exception, worth a separate menu item.

To be honest, I think both scenarios (multiple files, and single files to translate, often in a folder containing various files) are fairly frequent.

I'm all for simplifying processes, and having to select the "multiple document project" item is a step that could be avoided, whatever the method one uses to initiate a new project (drag and drop or New, after selecting the appropriate workflow).

Maybe allow CafeTran to recognize single files or folders with drag and drop (which I think is the most common method), and implement an additional step when pressing New (before the file/folder selection dialog) asking whether the user wishes to select a single file or a folder, when a relevant workflow is selected.

Using the "New" button is probably more used by some new users, so additional step would help in avoiding any confusion (which the "burried" "Multiple document project" seems to sometimes produce).

Login to post a comment