Start a new topic

REQUEST: Ignore all

We've had this before, but I would like to request an 'ignore all' spellchecking option (N.B. not 'add to dictionary'.)

To be clear, what I'd like is an easy way to ignore a word identified as misspelt for this project only, and not for any other projects.

Last time I requested this I was told to use the hard way – set up a non-translatables glossary for this project and add it to that. I don't want a hard way, I want an easy way, as available in all other CAT tools and word processors.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks, I think I will try the Non-Translatables glossary then.

Would be awesome if this worked with LibreOffice spell check as well but I guess this is one of the limitations I just have to deal with

Do you mean: use LO as an external spell checker?

What do you mean by "external" here? What I mean is that I'm using it within CT instead of Hunspell and would also love the ability to ignore certain words

I think that I do understand now. I had forgotten about this feature ;).

So you mean that no custom dictionary is used, even when it has been configured in LO ...

Perhaps this can be fixed. Not sure if the API supports this.

While trying to investigate this, I noticed that CafeTran Espresso doesn't work with Hunspell in LO 6.4.1 on Mac.

I noticed an interesting feature of HS:

>While trying to investigate this, I noticed that CafeTran Espresso doesn't work with Hunspell in LO 6.4.1 on Mac.

This was of course a mistake: why would one use HS via LO, instead of directly in CTE?

So I deselected HS here:

I only left the macOS spell checker selected (though this probably is also HS-based).

I activated LO here:

Only to notice that no spell-checking takes place:

Login to post a comment