Start a new topic

tags in translation memory ?

Hello

I am new and therefore please apologize for my question. I have to do many "repetitive" translations. Meaning i am translating the same reports every months just with a few changes (mainly numbers, but also some text). If I start a new translation based on translation memory I am able to auto populate  a lot of segments, but on all segments containing tags i need to work manually (even if the text would be 100% match). Is there any preferences I can set or can I include tags into translation memory in order to  allow the tool to auto populate next time?

Thank you for any advise!
Martino

Yes. In the TM options (right click inside the translation memory pane > Options), does your translation memory have the "Processing tags" option enabled?

If not, I suggest you create a new TM with that option ON, then Memory > Import segments from project. This will populate the TM with the segments currently present in your project. The option does not store tags retroactively. You can also use this option on the current TM, if needed.

Jean

>i need to work manually (even if the text would be 100% // What looks like identical segments, doesn’t need to be identical. Sometimes there are minor deviations in formatting, causing tag misplacement. It is my impression that this happens most in segments that don’t need any human interaction. It would be nice if CafeTran would just copy source including all formatting tags in these cases. Studio projects can be horror in this regard. E.g. when translating technical specs, I often have to press delete to clear a segment and proceed to the next segment. Why doesn’t CafeTran just copy source to target including all tags?
Why doesn’t CafeTran just copy source to target including all tags? Is this auto-assembling or some other smartness?

Thank you Jean. Looks like an quantum leap in efficiency for my work!

Login to post a comment