Start a new topic

statistics and turkish characters

Hello,

I have been using CafeTran for a few months now, and I will mention certain things that I think they are missing or I haven't been able to find yet.

1) Is there a way to see your words/characters translated per hour, or more importantly is there a way to see estimated time to finish a document according to your current speed?

2) For Turkish language: When the suggested words are chosen (the ones you select while typing by pressing 1,2,3... by default), if they are in capitals, they will all be in English characters. So, I have to either go back and change them one by one. Sometimes it may create problems.

3) Also, percentages in Turkish is written in a different way. English 10% would be %10 in Turkish (I know it is weird). I though a feature like this would be beneficial in the future. 

4) Glossary problems: Is it possible to change the glossary so it shows the words even if they have certain suffixes or prefixes. Sometimes the word is in my list, but it has certain a prefix/suffix and it doesn't show up at all.

Sorry if they are newbie questions and thanks in advance.

1 Comment

> Is there a way to see your words/characters translated per hour,  or more importantly is there a way to see estimated time to finish a  document according to your current speed?

If you set your rate in the Statistics view, CafeTran will start displaying the speed per hour, after the first hour.  Some improvements to the Statistics function may appear in the future. Watch for updates.

> s it possible to change the glossary so it shows the words even if they have certain suffixes or prefixes

Sure. Delimit your glossary term with pipes - e.g. en|circle| to catch "circle" as well.

Important! Do not put the pipe at the very beginning of the term. If you wish to catch a prefix, put one pipe only where the prefix ends. The pipe at the start of the term has another function - to indicate this is a regular expression in the normal glossary.

Login to post a comment