When using CafeTran Espresso, can I download just a segment of the translated doc before finishing the entire translation without the source language showing on it?
By download, I think you mean exporting with the deletion of the untranslated source segments. Then, it would change the paging and layout of the original document. However, the closest you can achieve it is as follows:
1. Choose to the menu Filter > Target segments preview.
2. Choose Project > Export and exchange > To HTML... .
3. Open the exported HTML document in Ms Word or LibreOffice.
Thanks for your answer.
Would it work also with .srt files? If I export them to HTML, will I keep the timestamps?
> If I export them to HTML, will I keep the timestamps?
Yes, you will.
Alternatively, you can try exporting to Word directly:
1. Choose Filter > Status > Translated segments.
2. Choose Project > Export and exchange > Export as bilingual document with notes.