Start a new topic

Saving sdlrpx file

Hi

first time I stumble over this:

- I translated an sdlppx file

- upon trying to save "Save to package"->sdlrpx CT comes up with a window saying "Change of package folder is not allowed. Try again without changing it!"

Whatever folder I select it's to no avail, the same windows keeps popping up and the sdlrpx cannot be saved.

Any advice?

This is a new security measure. You'll have to open the originating folder afterwards.

I've requested a dialogue box to enable this.

Well, I did try all the folders in that project but as of now I cannot save the return package, the same message keeps popping up over and over again. Annoying.

If no other save location is allowed for return packages, then there is no need for a choice dialog. CafreTran should simply use the appropriate location and only present a dialog after creating the (return) package, asking if you wish to open the containing folder.

>only present a dialog after creating the (return) package, asking if you wish to open the containing folder.

That's what I meant.

Solved. I hat to install an older version 20190327 where this feature was not yet implemented and the export worked.

But still...

Well, just to check it out I reinstalled v 20190417 with a new project. Same problem, upon trying to export the imported sdlppx file the above mentioned error message ("Change of package folder is not allowed. Try again without changing it!") pops up. And I did not change the package folder or anything in the path. Igor, can you have a look into that matter, please?

It occurred a few times when the user selected the wrong folder for package export (e.g saving the return package inside the extracted package ). That is why changing the default export package folder has been blocked in recent updates. The suggested idea to omit the saving dialog altogether sounds good to me and might be implemented in the future update.

1 person likes this

Good, but in the meantime I cannot save any of my sdlrpx packages, I have to revert to an older CT version

Do you let CafeTran open and extract the sdlppx package or extract it manually?

You should be able to create the return sdlrpx package without changing the default location when the package export dialog is opened. It may fail if you change or rename the project path in your system outside the program while working with this project.

I think I found the reason for this behaviour. I did not import the sdlppx file with the import feature of CT but dragged and dropped it on the Dashboard. When importing from the dashboard the sdlrpx export works fine.

Thanks for reporting it. If confirmed, there should be a more robust package export in the next update.

Login to post a comment