Start a new topic

REQ: Additional word dividers without glitches

In some cases the "Additional word dividers" feature does not work:

No detection of "atelier" here, even after copying the apostrophe and restarting CT.

Another case:

No detection of "Réseau électrique", despite of having the "-" in the field. It should always trigger, shouldn't it? 

Minus character needs to be escaped e.g. \- and Apostrophe works okay. Also, check your "Do not match" characters in Preferences > Memory tab.

> Apostrophe works okay

As i wrote above: "In some cases"

Same above. Apostrophe copied into the corresponding field, going up an down, reloading glossary … nope.

Might it be possible that this feature fails under certain circumstances? Here: two words, above maybe a trailing full stop or comma or sth else?

It keeps failing repeatedly (not always).

One more example:

Here, "arrêté de mise en demeure" is put into the glossary.

But it does not work. Apostrophe is U+2019. The same is copied into the filed mentioned above (and it was there already).

I have just replicated your example putting the "arrêté de mise en demeure" to the glossary. It always matches just fine. As indicated above, please make sure that you DO NOT include the right single quotation mark in the "Do not match" of Preferences > Memory tab.

> DO NOT include the right single quotation mark in the "Do not match" of Preferences > Memory tab.

Bonus question: How will this penalize my memory results? 

It is rather strange that a memory setting can impact a glossary function.

Login to post a comment