Start a new topic

Selecting a specific segment from the grid

When selecting a specific segment from the grid, the user currently must click on the grid number to bring that segment into the editor. Can this be modified so that any part of the panel containing the grid number has to be clicked. When working quickly, it requires a little more effort to click on the number specifically. Being able to click on the number panel or another part of the segment (excluding text) would help in speeding things up a little.

Regards,

Eoin

1 person likes this idea

Why not making it possible to select a segment in the grid by clicking on any part of it, including the segment text too?

@mario:

Because there are evil advanced (or not so advanced) users that like the feature to mark a text from the grid and to have it inserted into the target segment. Try it out.

1 person likes this

Sorry, I don't understand that. One among the very first things that intrigued me about CTE was the need to click on the segment number to edit it. Indeed, it's like Eoin says. Given the originality, I thought that it might have been imposed by the way CTE works internally (I know nothing about programming), but if it's not so I don't see why the normal way to select segments cannot be implemented.

I agree that being able to to mark a piece of text from the grid and to have it inserted into the target segment in the editor is a very useful feature. What I'm proposing is something else - to have the option of clicking on other parts of the segment in the grid (apart from the text itself) in order to bring that segment into the editor. Or at least to be able to do this by clicking any part of the panel containing the segment number (in the grid).

Starting from the update 10.3.1, you can click on a segment in the grid to set it in the editor.

Excellent implementation!, Igor.

I was fearing this would obstruct the select and paste feature in the Grid, but I'm happy to report this is not the case. Select and paste and Ctlr+Select (+Copy) both work fine.

Same goes for the filtered view. No problem between selecting filtered segments and going back to a specific segment while unfiltering the view at the same time.

The feature itself makes jumping thorugh Grid segments a breeze.

Hats off to you!

Many thanks for this, Igor!

It is nice that at least a part of the very advanced feature (mark a text to transfer it to the target segment) has been kept.

However an accidental doubleclick might lead to undesired results (wild jumping, simply try it out). Perhaps the repetition rate should be increased here to have a bit more "inertia" and to avoid that. 

Great that you enjoy it!

Login to post a comment