Start a new topic

Update/refresh of edited segments

The current situation (at least on my computer, with my settings): While reviewing, I make a modification to a target segment. I have to click on Next to have this modification accepted.

However, with Skip > Translated segments checked, I won't see the modification in the target segment. I'll have to click on the segment number.

Can this be changed, please? (It's rather counter-intuitive and I image that new users will be puzzled by this behaviour.)

> Skip > Translated segments checked.

The user knows what option he checked  as he expects the behavior based on the chosen preference, that is, skipping the translated segments. The accepted modification of the such translated segment is implicit after you click Next. You see what you changed in the current segment, don't you? So why do you need to keep seeing the change after clicking Next. I don't quite understand.  If you wish to see the change explicitly in the grid above the current segment, just uncheck the skipping option.

>If you wish to see the change explicitly in the grid above the current segment, just uncheck the skipping option.

Indeed, when reviewing a translation, I keep my eyes on the grid. The disabling of the skipping option is an option, though not my favourite one. Okay, I'll try it with the next job to review.

A review mode would be nice ;). With this Skip option disabled and the Grid covering the whole screen. And all MT engines paused.

Regarding a dedicated Review mode, I think that this would be unique, easy to implement and maintain (since it actually consists of nothing more than a combination of setttings of already existing features) and finally matches the criterion described here: “I'd like to see the requests that propose simplicity and underline authenticity which I hope, or I would love to aim at, CafeTran excels in.” It would be nice if other (interested) users would contribute their ideas for a One-Click-activated dedicated Review mode.
Login to post a comment