Start a new topic

Simplifying the creation of projects

A user now has to select wether she will create a project that consists of one document or more documents. It's my understanding that this has to do with the fact that the dialogue boxes for selecting one file or a one folder are different.

But isn't it possible to let CafeTran Espresso 2019 detect wether a file or a folder is selected, and in the latter case, if this folder contains one or several files?

This would make this menu command unnecessary:

Seems nice. But how shall the (system-dependent) file picker know if there is a file (e.g. out of a folder with several files) or the whole folder to choose?

For many users there is only one file to pick, so a dialog box or anything similar would be disturbing.

It would be nice to have a checkbox in the file picker, but this is not compatible with our wish to have native file pickers. Or there needs to be a separate coding, maybe this works for Windows and Mac, but Linux might have dozens of file picker flavors (or is Linux Java file-picker only?).

>But how shall the (system-dependent) file picker know if there is a file (e.g. out of a folder with several files) or the whole folder to choose?

Isn't it a good idea to only place the files in a folder that need to be translated?

> Isn't it a good idea to only place the files in a folder that need to be translated?

This depends on your habits. I usually have all client files in one folder, sometimes with additional files (TBs, TMs, PDFs etc.), sometimes with subfolders, sometimes with the file only.

Don't mess with user habits, I assume.

Login to post a comment