Start a new topic

Move selected folder to client subfolder (Keyboard Maestro)

I create my project folders on my Desktop, using this name scheme:

client_name0000-00-00n

Where 0000-00-00 is today's date (e.g. 2019-01-09) and n can be used if there are several projects per day.

So, a typical project folder would be: miller2019-01-09b

I store all my work in my Dropbox. CafeTran Espresso's projects are stored in:

~/Dropbox/CT/prj

Where I use one client subfolder per client:

~/Dropbox/CT/prj/azon

~/Dropbox/CT/prj/bayer

~/Dropbox/CT/prj/columbia

The macro below will detect the client's name in the folder on the Desktop and move the folder to the appropriate folder in my Dropbox. 

E.g.: doimler2019-01-09c is moved to ~/Dropbox/CT/prj/doimler

Demo:

Nice. Perhaps I am the only one, but many of my customer are being invoiced by month.

So my folder structure is

<XYZ> <Client name> <Month> <Year>

where XYZ is  an increasing number (increased by hand, a legacy from TO 3000) and the rest is self-explaining (Month and Year (e.g. Jan 2019) could also be a number such as 2019-01).

This means that a KMS routine would need to check if there is a folder for the client and for the current month. And to set the leading number. Not impossible, indeed, but complicated.

>This means that a KMS routine would need to check if there is a folder for the client and for the current month. And to set the leading number. Not impossible, indeed, but complicated.

If you make a (more) detailed description, I'm sure that one of the nice folks at KM Discourse will be happy to help you.

In the meantime I'll investigate the possibility to add Project Template selection to the macro above:

If I create a client folder for Azon, CafeTran Espresso 2019 will be launched with the Project Template pt_azon.XML preloaded :).

Login to post a comment