Start a new topic

REQ: Interactive QA/Spell check

This idea bases somehow (but not exclusively) on some Memsource experience (and it is something different from that).

Idea A:

• separate interactive QA pane (not the grid)
  • QA issues pop up as segments are being confirmed
  • when clicking on the QA the problem is highlighted directly inside the target segment
  • when resolving the QA issue and confirming the segment the QA point disappears
  • QA issues can be hidden (by marking a case or sth. similar)
  • hidden QA issues can be reset to make them visible again

Idea B:

• pane "unknown spelling" can remain opened and is populated on the go, when segments are confirmed
  • spelling issues can be added to the user dic (right as now), but can also be hidden (by a double-click?) and also be removed again from the user dic
  • when clicking on a spelling error the word is highlighted directly inside the target segment (not only be the red line)

1 Comment

treQA issues pop up as segments are being confirmed

I don't know about Memsource, but in my previous CAT tool almost all QA issues are displayed upon segment confirmation (either Alt+arrow and Alt+arrow right) in the grid by painting red the offending parts. For instance, this check can be made to include TB, TM and numbers.

Personally, I prefer this way of QAing my translations, that is while translating, rather than doing a batch QA at the end of the translation. 

Login to post a comment