Start a new topic

REQ: Interactive spell check display

We all know these red lines when a word may be misspelled. Today I saw on Memsource that these lines are clickable.

When clicking on it with the left mouse button a small window pops up:

This is nice. Perhaps a bit more fluent than marking the whole word and clicking the right mouse button.

1 person likes this idea

>Perhaps a bit more fluent than marking the whole 

When is this necessary?

Indeed, it is not necessary, but could be nice for those who want to populate their user dic this way.  

>Indeed, it is not necessary, but could be nice for those who want to populate their user dic this way.

We are misunderstanding each other. Of course the aggregating of unknown spellings is useful. I harvest them too.

My question relates to the selecting act: I don't have to select the whole word, in order to get alternatives (after right-clicking). Do you have to select the whole word?

No, you only click the red line with the right mouse button and it pops up.

The utility of this might also depend on the

• thickness of the red line
  • the leading (i.e. the distance between baselines of successive lines of text, perhaps this should be made customizable anyway) 
  • danger/tendency of misclicks

@tre: I think what alyb is trying to say is that he doesn't have to select the whole word before right-clicking and has understood you to be indicating that you do.

I do have to select the whole word before right-clicking (still running the old Akua version under Linux). For me, your suggestion would be a big improvement.

You don't need to select the whole word, but the cursor needs to be anywhere within the word boundaries before the right-click.

Login to post a comment