Today I took the plunge and installed the latest CTE build with integrated Java runtime. Slightly deviating from Jean's instructions, I decided to completely uninstall the previous CTE first, just to make sure that possible leftovers wouldn't somewhat spoil the new installation.
After some little Dashboard display customization, importing the settings file and upon opening a customer project template, I found myself with the exact project layout which I had used last. Nice.
Finally, contrary to what Jean reported about his Linux installation, I haven't noticed any specific change in font display.
So, ready to work again with the new CTE+Java team!
Thank you for sharing this!