Start a new topic

Data

Hi there, 

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before - I can't find it!

I was just wondering - there's an option to turn off online services (Linguee, etc.) so they can't see any sensitive texts you're working on. But I was wondering - if you do use these services, do they receive any information about the choices you make? I mean to say, obviously they'll get information on the source text you're translating, but do they actually see how I choose to translate the text? (i.e. Can Linguee or the MachineTranslation sites see which of their suggestions I took?)

Thanks very much for your help!

> but do they actually see how I choose to translate the text?

No.

Speaking on confidentiality, DeepL claims that you do not break any NDA when working with their tool. So do other solutions such as Slate Desktop.

wonderful - thanks very much for that! I didn't fancy contributing translations to their database :) good to know.

> DeepL claims that you do not break any NDA when working with their tool.

Does this apply only to the Pro version or also to the free version?

If you can point me to a resource that confirms no data is stored when using the free version (as opposed to the Pro version), I'll stop my Pro membership, since this is the only reason I took it (not using the API much, preferring the web version, of which CafeTran offers an excellent implementation).

Pro only.

DeepL has introduced new plans for the Pro version: Starter, Advanced and Ultimate, billed either monthly or annually, for individuals, teams or developers.

Starter includes Data Confidentiality and unlimited access to the Web version.

Advanced adds CAT tool access via the API key.

Starter is just what I need, and offered at a considerably lower price (€5.99/month, paid annually) that the previous standard Pro membership.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment