Start a new topic

Support for IBM Watson Machine Translation

Can we please have Support for IBM Watson Machine Translation https://www.ibm.com/watson/services/language-translator/

I too second the suggestion to add support for this new MT engine, as IBM's offerings are here to stay.

Many more languages than DeepL currently supported.

https://www.ibm.com/watson/services/language-translator/?lnk=hm

1 person likes this

Since English is used as the intermediate language in many (all?) MT systems, I tested this round-tripping with DeepL:

DE:

Alle auf dem Produkt und/oder Zubehörartikeln oder in dieser Bedienungsanleitung verwendeten Warenzeichen oder Handelsnamen dienen ausschließlich der Beschreibung und bedeuten nicht, dass sie frei verfügbar sind. Die Warenzeichen und Handelsnamen sind Eigentum des entsprechenden Inhabers der Rechte.

EN:

All trademarks or trade names used on the product and/or accessories or in this manual are for descriptive purposes only and do not imply that they are freely available. The trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.

DE > NL (direct translation):

Alle handelsmerken of handelsnamen die op het product en/of accessoires of in deze handleiding worden gebruikt, zijn uitsluitend voor beschrijvende doeleinden en impliceren niet dat ze vrij beschikbaar zijn. De handelsmerken en handelsnamen zijn eigendom van hun respectievelijke eigenaars.

EN > NL (roundtripping DE > EN > NL):

Alle handelsmerken of handelsnamen die op het product en/of accessoires of in deze handleiding worden gebruikt, zijn uitsluitend voor beschrijvende doeleinden en impliceren niet dat ze vrij beschikbaar zijn. De handelsmerken en handelsnamen zijn eigendom van hun respectieve eigenaars.

It would be nice to have a feature that allows this round-tripping. The intermediate results can be ignored: only the desired target language needs to be displayed.

Testing the roundtrip DE > EN > NL:

Example one:

Example two:

Watson:

DeepL:

Watson:

DeepL:

It'll be difficult to find the room for yet another NMT engine, on my screen ;).

Login to post a comment