Start a new topic

Total Recall, TM and glossaries folders

I would like to ask where Total Recall is saved on the computer. I have very big memories that don't open in CafeTran (for instance, the DGT memory is >4 Gb and it won't open in CafeTran - I get the mac colour wheel spinning for eternity when I reach around 1.6 million units, even though I gave CafeTran Java 6 GB memory). Therefore, I would like to add these memories (DGT is not my only big memory) to Total Recall directly on the computer, if that's possible. I mean, without opening CafeTran. However, I cannot find the dedicated folder.

Then, I am also a bit confused as to where I should save my TMs and glossaries. I have a folder ~/CafeTran with:

TM

Glossaries

Projects

clients.txt

Dictionaries

Then, if I open the CafeTran application (show package contents, bla-bla), I also find a folder: CafeTran.app/Contents/Java/resources with:

abbreviations

databases

dictionaries

glossaries

images

memories

placeables

shortcuts

spellchecker

I tried copying my TMs to CafeTran.app bla-bla "memories" and my glossaries to...CafeTran.app bla-bla "glossaries" and I see no practical difference when I open CafeTran.

Where should I save my TMs and glossaries? (and Dictionaries too, why are there two folders for Dictionaries?)

Thanks!!

1 Comment

Total Recall database file is located inside CafeTran folder (or package on Mac) - resources/databases/SQLiteMemoryBase.db by default. After importing TMX memories to Total Recall (only via CafeTran), you can backup this file from time to time. For more information, see here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/6000058183

Otherwise, you can save TMX and glossary files where you wish (e.g inside your folder ~/CafeTran is fine). On Mac, please do not save/move those resources into CafeTran.app package, apart from the mentioned SQLiteMemoryBase.db file.

Login to post a comment