Yes, the SDLPROJ file can be double-clicked to open a project in SDL Trados.
External CAT tools (not just CafeTran) can only handle the SDLXLIFF files or packages with SDLXLIFF files that contain the actual translation segments.
Please ask/use SDLXLIFF files or SDLPPX packages instead.
Status "Not translated":
- Since you have access to SDL Trados, you can filter these segments and remove the target text, before opening the files in CafeTran.
- Alternatively, in CafeTran, you can use Task > Remove target segments same as source to remove the content of target segments that just feature the source text. Then proceed with the translation of empty segments (by filtering them or by using the shortcut for Action > Add segment to memory and go to next untranslated segment). I also suggest you back up your files before doing so.
Hi, my client sent me a Trados package to translate. As always I wanted to export the current document to proof-read it but then noticed that this is not possible. Instead, by clicking on "Export the current document" all translated segments were confirmed.
I managed to export a bilingual document, but the message was that I cannot re-import it.
I then exported the txt version of my translation and then copied it into Word. Also I cannot preview the document.
Then I checked the package and saw that my translated Word-file is not there. But I do need it? Or not?
1. Is it possible to export the translated document?
2. Is there a workaround to re-import bilingual files?
3. How do I export my translated file for my client? Or is this not necessary?
4. How do I create a package to sent it back to my client?
Thank you very much for your help which will be greatly appreciated.
Best wishes Nicolette
thank you very much to all of you.
Kind regards from Nicolette
Hello! This morning I cannot find the "sdlrpx" option when I click on: export to package.
I need to deliver my sdlrpx package to the client tomorrow... any help?
I have attached my project file, in case someone can export it to an sdlrpx package.
I hope you can help me.
.sdlproj is not a relevant file
Did you receive an SDLPPX file?
Yes, I did.
There is no specific SDLRPX option as such. You have to select 'To Package':
The return package will be created in the project folder.
If this fails (for whatever reason), you can deliver the SDLXLIFF file(s) residing in the target language subfolder in the project folder.