Start a new topic

Default pane opening

Is there a way to have CTE showing a particular pane when opening the program? Currently, in my configuration it opens the Total Recall pane, which isn't of much use to me. For example, how to have the Matchboard automatically opening at start up, that is without having to manually select it?

Thanks

For an existing project: create your preferred layout and save it as a project template.

For a new project: create a default project template (per language and subject field), arrange everything the way you like, including floating panels. Copy the default project template to a new project template and open it with a new project.

The only thing that you'll have to do, is positioning any floating panes on any secondary or tertiary screen. Of course you can use AutoHotkey for this too.

Or, if you're ready to make the transition to Mac: use my terrific project creation macro, as described at Proz.

For new clients, you enter the name and the macro creates a new project template, non-translatables glossary (preset with default entries), QA glossary etc.

https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/323548-automated_creation_of_new_project_related_resources_for_new_clients.html

This particular macro is so much fun. It can be enhanced (e.g. with a GUI glossary, and, and, and).

As a matter of fact, I think that this feature should be added to CafeTran Espresso 2018. That is, the creation of new PTs, based on a default PT.

Speaking of 'New Love' (as a former Déjà Vu fan): the fact that CafeTran Espresso 2018 allows storing/setting parameters in a plain XML file is one more reason why I love it.

No obligation to do this. And possibly dangerous. But when you know what you are doing, this is oh so powerful and handy.

/Total fan mode off

alwayslockyourbike

Speaking of 'New Love'...

The first love has always a special place in one's mind, you know. There are still things that i miss about Déjà Vu, but I hope that CTE keeps evolving in the right direction, also by taking other CAT tools' good ideas into account. 

The fact that CafeTran Espresso 2018 allows storing/setting parameters in a plain XML file is one more reason why I love it.

I'm not a CTE power user yet (I've never been DV's either), but the thing that I find particularly enoyable so far in CTE is how easily editing and managing txt glossaries is. I may be a bit out of fashion, but I still attach a lot of importance to (well built) glossaries as I don't care about auto-assembly nor machine translation very much..

>There are still things that i miss about Déjà Vu, but I hope that CTE keeps evolving in the right direction, also by taking other CAT tools' good ideas into account. 

It has always been like that. Suggestion: Best chance to get requests honoured, is by not referring to some other CAT tools. Just state that you'd like to see feature xyz added, since it'd be very useful to you and others  ;).

>I'm not a CTE power user yet (I've never been DV's either), but the thing that I find particularly enoyable so far in CTE is how easily editing and managing txt glossaries is. I may be a bit out of fashion, but I still attach a lot of importance to (well built) glossaries as I don't care about auto-assembly nor machine translation very much..

Yes. Glossaries are great. And I think that it's very modern to pay attention to your glossaries.

Login to post a comment