Start a new topic

Importing two bi-lingual termbases into a single tri-lingual CT glossary, but with a common language

I have two large Dejavu termbases (one Italian-Japanese and one Italian-English) and I am now struggling to find a fail-safe way to create with these a single CT tri-lingual glossary (Italian-Japanese-English).

I hope someone who had a similar experience in the past help me find a way to do it properly.

I imagine that I should first manipulate the two Excel files exported from DV, but how?

Any suggestion is welcomed

Thanks

Mario: I imagine that I should first manipulate the two Excel files exported from DV, but how?

I can't remember, I'm afraid, but easy it was, if you still own DV. You're using a Mac, don't you? I used DV from 1997 till 2010. I then switched back (I am a Mac since 1987) to the Mac. Completely. So I had to use external software to convert those Access TDBs to Excel. I used Axxess (not a particular innovative name) to do that. It's not free anymore - I think - but it's probably less than USD 10 in the AppStore, and there are alternatives. I then imported it to TMX (though tab del is of course possible), and then to the SQLite database. It all depends what exactly you want to do with it.

H.

You can also start by just exporting the DVX TBs (which are indeed Access -based) into something like Excel/txt from inside DVX.

Login to post a comment