Start a new topic

Number localization

Hi all,

I am currently translating a document with lots of decimal numbers from English into Spanish, and I can't find the way to switch on automatic formatting to convert decimal points into commas. I've read in a couple of places that this is achieved by selecting "Format number" in the auto-assembling preference menu, but I tried it and it has no effect. What am I doing wrong? Most of my segments consist in a single, isolated number.

A related question: I have an endlessly-repeating segment consisting of the string "1.5 months", pre-translated as "1.5 meses" by CT and which I should translate as "1,5 meses". No matter what I do (find and replace or autopropagate), I'm unable to change them with a single edit: they will stay as "1.5 meses" unless I edit each segment separately. What might be preventing CT from accepting and propagating my massive edit? 

Thank you,

Valentina

Uhm... I'm not sure I get it. Do you mean a normal white space? Isn't it the default case for a decimal in a text to be surrounded by white spaces?
In any case, is there any workaround for this (regexp, maybe)? There must be a way other than manually changing all the decimal points into commas.

> Isn't it the default case for a decimal in a text to be surrounded by white spaces

No, it is not normal/default if the whole number is the segment itself (not part of it). In the next update, CafeTran may be able to deal with such cases automatically. 

Login to post a comment