CafeTran Espresso 2018 Akua Update 5 is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag and Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20180409_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading.
3. Drag and Drop the downloaded 20180409-update.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20180409_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Important! Please complete all your translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
> there maybe people who have their templates spread around on their hard disk
That's exactly why you can select the templates directly via your system file chooser now - (e.g Finder on Mac). CTE remembers their storing location so you don't need to navigate much if you keep them in one folder. The system file chooser also sorts them nicely, as was requested by other users. Besides, the previous submenu solution got quickly overcrowded and ugly with lots of templates.
Adding the submenu option for 15-20 recently used templates might be possible in some future update.
Rather perfect world:
- a GUI where to drag and drop existing TM/TB onto a template
- a GUI where to choose and pull the existing tabs/docks (at least roughly) onto a template
Hi guys! I'm facing some problems, I was using Java 1.8 and CT used to crash all the time, so I updated Java to 1.10 and now my license is not working anymore, are you facing something similar?
As Java 10 has been released only a few days ago, CTE still needs to catch up with this Java version. For now, please use 64-bit version Java 9 or 8 with the latest updates of CafeTran.
The new build (2018041101) of update 5 is available. It adds the support for Java 10. Please download and install the new build of the update 5 as described in the announcement above.
I guess that with editing an SDLXLIFF file I needn't wait until I finish it before I update? It's quite a big file.
There have been no changes to SDLXLIFF filter in the recent updates of CTE 2018 Akua version so it should be save to update during such projects.
The new build (2018041901) of update 5 is available with the following fixes and changes:
- option to omit setting of the Translated status for target segments during the export to sdlrpx package.
- option to show only the first segment in the "Repeated and propagated segments" filter.
- clicking at the Exact match in the TM tab replaces the current target segment with the Exact match.
- fixed trimming of leading and trailing spaces at the transfer of the auto-assembling result.
Please download and install the new build of the update 5 as described in the announcement post above.
What exactly does this mean? That I can export a Studio package with an undefined (= unconfirmed) status? Interesting, but can you give any idea for an use case?
> can you give any idea for an use case?