CafeTran Espresso 2018 Akua Update is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag & Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20180118_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading.
3. Drag & Drop the downloaded 20180118_update.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20180118_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Important! Please complete all your translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
This major release sums up the year of development that brought lots of improvements to the program. To mention the most important features:
- improvements of the user interface and documents filters.
- convenient display of all memory and glossary results in the Matchboard.
- added locked and version segment (a simple form of segment versioning) statuses.
- new Tasks and QA functions.
- switch to the new Google Cloud Translation API which uses the neural machine translation model.
- added Project Templates.
- caching of translation results from all MT services available.
- automatic fragments adjustment. This new and experimental feature picks fragments/terms from the current segment and updates their priority on the fly. It can also adjust to some slight changes in the fragments (e.g. plural forms) creating virtual fragment pairs if their do not exist in your resources. It also detects term's synonym usage adjusting its priority automatically.
- improved handling of comments in external projects.
- accessing DeepL's machine translations via the internal web browser.
- optional masking of non-translatable fragments for MT online services.
- options to bind with MT editors on web pages such as Google Translate, Bing Translator, DeepL.
- transferring the MT result from the web page to the current target segment - see the menu Translate > Transfer MT from web page.
- dragging, docking and floating the tabs with resources to arrange them comfortably in the user interface.
- CafeTran themes and the Dashboard have been refreshed to look modern and eye-friendly.
- export to bilingual Word documents from external (non-CafeTran) projects.
- connection to Youdao MT online resource via the web browser interface.
- switch to the newest Java 9 release while still maintaining support for Java 8 on all major operating systems (Windows, Mac and Linux).