CafeTran Espresso 2018 Forerunner is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag & Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20171130_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading.
3. Run CafeTran and Drag & Drop the downloaded 20171130.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20171130_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Important! The update features some improvements to MS Word filter. Please complete all your Word translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
- display of actual segment numbers in the Filter and QA view.
- segmenting on LibreOffice headings.
- option to use only high priority fragments when teaming Auto-assembling result with Machine Translation.
- separate joining of source and target segments which have already been created in the Alignment workflow.
- deleting segments in the Alignment workflow.
- keeping the newline characters in sdlxliff segments.
- set the 2000 character limit for the automatic look-up of the current segment to avoid delays.
- export to bilingual Words documents from external projects.
- distinguishing between 100% translated units and approved/checked segments in sdlxliff projects.
- connection to Youdao MT online resource via the web browser interface.
- option to add invisible characters in the form of Unicode numbers to the "Do not match" list.
- sorting of TMX memories in the edit mode.
First of all merry Xmas and a happy new year to you.
I believe I hit a bug. I imported a folder with 3 files (.docx) for translation yesterday. In the course of the translation I added some comments for the client. I then exported as bilingual file with notes which worked just fine. What didn't work was the export of the regular files with notes. It works fine if there is only a single document and not documents glued together.
The new build of CTE 2018 Forerunner is available for download with the following:
- added an option to export all documents with notes in the glue mode.
- added the display of the background color from Ms Word tables in the grid.
- fixed an issue with auto-scrolling of MT panels when they are joined together.
- fixed an issue with colors while zooming the text in the segment editors.
Please download and apply the build via the same update link as described in the first announcement post of this news. The new build number (2018010401) will be displayed in the Help > About panel after updating.
Thanks for the update! Just asking... Aren't we still able to join SDLXLIFF segments? This is driving me crazy as I started working for a company that uses trados packages (and I'm working in memoQ as it handles them amazingly).
Igor, JUST THANK YOU! Really, I couldn't work with CF for almost a year just for this missing feature but now it works! ^^ I sent you an email reagarding my second pc license :)
Does this also involve virtual splitting of very long segments in sdlxliff files originally created .e.g. from Excel file where the author separated sentences with soft returns (line breaks) which weren't properly segmented in Studio?