> when I 'Join segments'
I cannot confirm it yet. The tips to identify the issue:
1. Make sure the previous result appears before you submit the new one.
2. Check if the submitted segments contain some unusual characters.
3. The "Join segments" action may produce long segments. DeepL web interface can have some limit (probably 5000 characters).
4. Check your Internet connection.
If you find any pattern apart from long segments, please submit a support ticket so that it can be reproduced.
>1. Make sure the previous result appears before you submit the new one.
>2. Check if the submitted segments contain some unusual characters.
>3. The "Join segments" action may produce long segments. DeepL web interface can have some limit
>(probably 5000 characters).
>4. Check your Internet connection.
1. They did 100% sure.
2: Did not, but usually when 'joining segments' there is a tag. There was none there!
3. No. Short segment. because I was lazy on segmentation rules exeptions
4. No problem there.
Recurrent issue, but not a recurrent back to normal.
> When I search for text in project segments, the position of the "GO TO CURRENT SEGMENTS" link
Thanks! The latest build (2017122101) corrects the link position. It also features the following improvements:
- added the filter for Vector Graphics (.svg) files.
- automatic removal of non-translatable duplicates in F4 list.
- normalization of source segment apostrophes for the "Prefix matching" feature.
- fixed the display of the source document name in the title bar in newly created projects.
- change of the "New project" icon in the Dashboard after the selection of the "Multiple document project" option.
Please download and repeat the update as described in the first announcement post of this news thread.
Could we have the link to the latest update, please?
The new build of CTE 2018 Forerunner is available for download with the following:
- fixed an issue with some bullets in the PowerPoint filter.
- corrected the display of source term synonyms in the glossary.
Please download and apply the build via the same update link as described in the first announcement post of this news. The new build number (2017122201) will be displayed in the Help > About panel after updating.
Question, not a bug this time. When I use the filter to show only unlocked segments, and then use the export feature, will only unlocked segments be exported?
No, all segments will be exported. The filtered export works for various conversions though (Project > Export and exchange > To HTML/TMX/Text).
I'm afraid I hit a bug again. I wanted to export a TMX file of the unlocked segments only from an SDLXLIFF file, but only a dozen or so segments were exported, though there are many more unlocked segments in the SDLXLIFF file.
Try importing them without applying the filter. CTE does not export locked segments to TMX file. You can attach the sdlxliff file in the support ticket to look into it.
I was trying to export unlocked segments from an SDLXLIFF file. I was not trying to import anything. Will file a support ticket when I find the time.
CafeTran Espresso 2018 Forerunner is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag & Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20171130_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading.
3. Run CafeTran and Drag & Drop the downloaded 20171130.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20171130_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Important! The update features some improvements to MS Word filter. Please complete all your Word translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
- display of actual segment numbers in the Filter and QA view.
- segmenting on LibreOffice headings.
- option to use only high priority fragments when teaming Auto-assembling result with Machine Translation.
- separate joining of source and target segments which have already been created in the Alignment workflow.
- deleting segments in the Alignment workflow.
- keeping the newline characters in sdlxliff segments.
- set the 2000 character limit for the automatic look-up of the current segment to avoid delays.
- export to bilingual Words documents from external projects.
- distinguishing between 100% translated units and approved/checked segments in sdlxliff projects.
- connection to Youdao MT online resource via the web browser interface.
- option to add invisible characters in the form of Unicode numbers to the "Do not match" list.
- sorting of TMX memories in the edit mode.
2 people like this