Cool, thanks Igor!
"1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20171130_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading. "
No build 2017121501 anywhere to see. Thanks for your hints
Just download and install again the same update 20171130_update.zip. The build number (of the same major update) is displayed in the menu Help > About after updating.
When a new build is released, you use the same link found in the original announcement to download the update.
After applying the update, you can check the build number in Help > About.
I confirm the link contains the latest build.
I've got another hint: to speed up the process, when opening or copying the DropBox link in your web browser, if you replace dl=0 in the end by dl=1 the download begins directly.
So, for this update, instead of
you can just use
and get the file.
Text is not carried over to the deepl tab, if it contains line breaks.
I also think that a straight single quote has the same effect.
Before I try this upgrade, can someone please let me know what files I specifically need to copy/backup in case things don't work out as expected?
Oh, and by the way: I remember from the last upgrade I tried, there was some sort of graphic installed across the top of the installation. Can this be removed after the upgrade? I like a very plain, vanilla working environment.
The latest build of CTE 2018 Forerunner version fixes both deepl issues you mentioned. Please download and repeat the update as described in the first announcement post of this news thread. Thanks!
The current build number displayed in CafeTran's Help > About is: 2017121801.
Thanks for fixing it. I notice one other thing. When I press Alt+Enter for Deepl, the matchboard flickers, and the existing machine translations from other sources disappear. Not much of an issue for me, just to let you know.
The refresh of the Matchboard occurs because "Translate selected fragment" action works on all the MT resources and translation memories simultaneously (not only DeepL). CafeTran has a way to limit the search to DeepL only if you select its tab in the tabbed pane. You must have docked or floated the DeepL tab out of the tabbed pane.
> Oh, and by the way: I remember from the last upgrade I tried, there was some sort of graphic installed across the top of the installation.
This is handled via your ticket.
CafeTran Espresso 2018 Forerunner is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag & Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20171130_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading.
3. Run CafeTran and Drag & Drop the downloaded 20171130.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20171130_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Important! The update features some improvements to MS Word filter. Please complete all your Word translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
- display of actual segment numbers in the Filter and QA view.
- segmenting on LibreOffice headings.
- option to use only high priority fragments when teaming Auto-assembling result with Machine Translation.
- separate joining of source and target segments which have already been created in the Alignment workflow.
- deleting segments in the Alignment workflow.
- keeping the newline characters in sdlxliff segments.
- set the 2000 character limit for the automatic look-up of the current segment to avoid delays.
- export to bilingual Words documents from external projects.
- distinguishing between 100% translated units and approved/checked segments in sdlxliff projects.
- connection to Youdao MT online resource via the web browser interface.
- option to add invisible characters in the form of Unicode numbers to the "Do not match" list.
- sorting of TMX memories in the edit mode.
2 people like this