So let's hope for the best. The client want's to have a bilingual file in Excel so the number of rows needs to be identical to the source file. I just updated and then had to split several segments.
Can you elaborate on what has been changed/improved?
Before the latest update, CafeTran sometimes merged some complex formatting across segments. For example, if one segment finished bolded and underlined, the following segment might continue with that double formatting even though bold was dropped leaving only the underlined part. This has been improved.
Silly thing but...
In the segment grid, the segment number now appears at the top of the right hand side box (rather than in the middle of the box as before). To pick that segment, we now have to click directly on that tiny number. Would it be possible to be able to click anywhere in the number box? Before, you could at least click on the number or anywhere above it, giving the sloppy clicker a chance to activate a segment without being William Tell.
In the latest build of CafeTran 2018 - Forerunner version (2017120901), the font of the status column is larger to be able to click at the segment number and activate it without being Robin Hood. Please update the program as described in the announcement post above.
>the font of the status column is larger to be able to click at the segment number and activate it
Better, thanks... But maybe I'm getting to old for that job! Any reason why the whole square couldn't be clickable? ...as the upper part was before, when the number was centred.
And with this new version I noticed that the "original" segment numbers, in the filtered view, are with respect to all the files in the project (even if they are not glued). Would it be possible to just have the single file segment numbers in unglued mode? Even in a multifile project. Thanks.
Do you think Cafetran would be able to use a TMX (and/or glossary) which sits in the cloud in Google’s Drive File Stream?
@piotrbienkowski See also the following knowledge base article: Cloud Services - https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000163324-cloud-services
@tre my only objective is to keep a TMX consistent across computers (I do not always use the same one all the time). I was not thinking about a "cloud TMX server" :-)
Hi guys, although I haven't used Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. together with a CAT tool for a while, here is one thing that I remember that may be of some use to someone. As far as I remember, I always ended up using Dropbox, because Google Drive has a nasty tendency of renaming your active file if anything goes wrong (sync problems, saving problems, etc.), and adding a number to it. So like this:
file.tmx > file (1).tmx
Obviously, once its name changes, it is no longer seen by the program that was using.
By the way, I think I read somewhere that OneDrive will FINALLY also be getting incremental uploads. Haven't tested it yet.
The new build of CTE 2018 Forerunner (2017121501) is available for download with the following:
- Memories and glossaries in the Dashboard are sorted.
- The Search action in the Frequent words list includes looking-up in Machine Translation services.
- New Filter actions: Non-translatable segments and Non-translatable fragments.
- Fixed an issue with doubling of non-translatable numbers in the F4 list.
Please download and install the update again as described in the first announcement post above.
CafeTran Espresso 2018 Forerunner is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag & Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20171130_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. Before you download the update file, uncheck the following Safari option:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading.
3. Run CafeTran and Drag & Drop the downloaded 20171130.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20171130_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Important! The update features some improvements to MS Word filter. Please complete all your Word translation projects in your current CafeTran version before updating.
- display of actual segment numbers in the Filter and QA view.
- segmenting on LibreOffice headings.
- option to use only high priority fragments when teaming Auto-assembling result with Machine Translation.
- separate joining of source and target segments which have already been created in the Alignment workflow.
- deleting segments in the Alignment workflow.
- keeping the newline characters in sdlxliff segments.
- set the 2000 character limit for the automatic look-up of the current segment to avoid delays.
- export to bilingual Words documents from external projects.
- distinguishing between 100% translated units and approved/checked segments in sdlxliff projects.
- connection to Youdao MT online resource via the web browser interface.
- option to add invisible characters in the form of Unicode numbers to the "Do not match" list.
- sorting of TMX memories in the edit mode.
2 people like this