Start a new topic

Tabmania

Nice. Tabs with and without vertical divider can be combined.

This means I can get the following layout for my tabs:

This is a great view.

There are two ways to get there.

1. Join two tabs without vertical divider (the TMs) and two tabs with vertical divider. Now join the tab groups
  2. Join two tabs without vertical divider (the TMs) and then join two more tabs after activating the vertical divider.

Now way 2 does not work anymore. Although having activated „vertical divider“, it puts the four tabs one below the other, no matter what window size.

Why (as way 1 keeps working, not an urgent matter, more curiosity and indication of lacking, eh, logic)?

After a restart procedure 2 works again. However, this very nice feature – TMs tend to need wider tabs, while most TBs are vertically orientated – should be better documentated.

When joining more than two tabs together, CT saves the last tab divider option selected for this tab group (consisting of more than two tabs) and applies it after restart.

Precision:
2. Join two tabs without vertical divider (the TMs), right-click and activate Vertical divider, and then join two more tabs (i.e. after activating the vertical divider).

Nevertheless, the tabs were joined one below the other.

Uh, I cannot exclude I confused
Vertical tab divider
and
Vertical dock divider
Both in the same context menu. 
Login to post a comment