Start a new topic

REQ: Print features?

I stumbled upon this by accident

There is a print feature in CT. I knew that there was a shortcut, but now, trying this out, I noticed:

• it does not work in TM tabs
  • it does not work in TB or glossary tabs
  • it does not work in resources tabs (aka internal browser)
  • it does not work in the grid
  • it works (yay!) in the Statistics tab, but it only prints the source text (it is built from HTML, obviously)

However, I don't think a print feature is really important, but if it is there, well, it should work at least for something (else it might be a source of vulnerability). IMHO the statistics tab might have its importance (corresponding with clients and peers), it would be a nice to have, but there are many traps (= next coming wishes) you can fall into (customisation, direct PDF or XLS export etc. pp.)

Or did I miss any function that the Print festure is for?

Hello,

- To print the Statistics, you can go to Statistics > Save report, open the HTML report in a browser and print from there in nice HTML.

By the way, the HTML Statistics report can already be used for Match analysis, as it has been implemented in LSP.expert translation job management tool for freelancers (and lately for teams or small agencies as well).

Related post: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000050224

With regards to the Print feature, the help tip says: "Print the contents of the currently-selected tab."

This does not seem very helpful, since indeed it does not work in most tabs.

A hint to the Print feature might be its location: Resources > Notepad > Print.

My educated guess is that the Print feature is meant to print Notepad documents.

I tried to Print a Document created in Resources > Notepad > New document and, although I got I dialog that "Print action is not supported on your system", after clicking OK, a printing dialog opened, allowing me to print the text using my office printer.

Since the TXT content can be copied in any text editor and printed from there, the print feature's usefulness is marginal, but I guess it's still nice to have.

If the above assumption is true, maybe the help tip could say something like: "Print the contents of the currently-selected Notepad document.

> To print the Statistics, you can go to Statistics > Save report, open the HTML report in a browser and print from there in nice HTML.

Indeed, but this is not the point. It might be better to suppress the Prnt feature (at least temporarily) instead of printing out source text (5 pages, by the way). Programs should not do what they are not supposed to do.

But the note print works, indeed. On Mac OS even without any distraction ;-P 

Login to post a comment