Thanks for "Access to the web resource or glossary information/settings via the right-click at its name in the Dashboard."!
(am also enjoying the new themes!)
Thank you for the update!
Reporting two display issues:
- In the GTK Linux theme, the white spaces could made transparent between New project and Open project buttons.
- The following was present in the previous update as well: Sometimes the Coffeehouse theme reverts to white background color, instead of white. Reapplying the theme fixes this. I wonder if this has to do with the fact I have set Source/Target segment editors background (from black, although its appearance was light gray) to white.
Attaching related screenshots.
* Correction: Reapplying the theme or simply restarting CT fixes this.
Coffeehouse theme and transparency of Dashboard's tool bar are adjusted for Linux GTK theme in the latest build (2017111501). Please update the program as described in the announcement post above.
DeepL is no longer working with the Translate button
It looks like they changed the look of their website today so CT might need some adjustments for copy and paste shortcut that transfers the text, if possible.
Yes, they changed the look of the page. Do I need to do anything to get it working again?
Another, maybe stupid, question. I acquired a client working LibreOffice. I wanted to send him the bilingual files too, they seem to be available in .docx only?
When I open and edit CT's .docx billingual files with LibreOffice, I can reimport them just fine in CafeTran.
Just hand over the bilingual .docx file, LibreOffice can handle it.
That's what I did the last couple of weeks. I'm aware that LibreOffice can use MS Office files and vice versa. I'm only afraid that formatting issues might arise in some, rare, situations. Compatibility isn't 100%.
> Yes, they changed the look of the page. Do I need to do anything to get it working again?
Well, if they change the website, there is nothing the user can do with it. The developer may or not be able to adjust to such modifications. In this case, it was possible but it may not be always so.
Please download the latest build (2017111601) and apply this update 27 again as described in the announcement post above.
I do not claim LibreOffice offers 100% compatibility for MS Office files, but for the limited purpose of bilingual docx files which are exported and imported back into CafeTran, it works just as intended. I have used this feature at least 100 times.
Tip: I always save a copy of the original exported bilingual docx. If any issue occurs when re-importing the edited file, I can reimport the unedited one to revert all changes.
I never tried reimporting a corrected bilingual file into Upwork. But then, my proofreader is my wife and she just does the proofreading on my PC.
CafeTran Espresso 2017 Yeddi update 27 is available for download. The update can be performed via Drag & Drop as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20171114_update.zip file from here and place it on your desktop. Do not unzip or rename the file after downloading.
Note: On Mac OSX system, Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading it. To prevent it from occurring, right-click at the download link and choose "Download Linked File" command from the browser menu.
3. Run CafeTran and Drag & Drop the downloaded 20171114.zip file anywhere in CafeTran's initial screen - the Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can install 20171114_update.zip file via the "Install Update" button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
3 people like this