Start a new topic

The very end of a project

I have an ongoing job. The client is a bit confused, and after just about every document, she sends me an email with additions, usually only one sentence. It's undoable to create a new document for that one sentence, so I translate it on the spot, without using CT, without adding the segment to the TM, and without adding phrases to my termbase.

Now I just thought, at the end of a CT Project, you'll see a dialogue asking for QA etc., and if you just cancel that, you'll see a virgin source, and a ditto target pane. So I tried and pasted the new sentence in the source pane, and although it's shown as "all green," all CT features I need seem to work. Since I already sent the original document to the client, I think I can use this, so I can at least add the segment to my TM, and add fragments to it. Right or wrong?

H.

You can change the source segments as you wish. Be careful with the contents between tags (the tags are protected). If your client sends you a modified version of the source document, just use Project > Replace document... . Exact matches of unchanged segments will get transferred to the new version of the document automatically.

IK: You can change the source segments as you wish

Thank you, but I know that. I was talking about the blank SL/TL panel that you see when you Cancel the pop-up with QA and Export Document. 

If I could use that so the translated segments will end up in the TM(s), I'd be happy. But I don't know what's going to happen if I press Next Segment, and I don't want to try.

H.

In the above case, when you click "Next segment", CT will just jump back to the first segment. You might add some additional segments/fragments via "Add fragment to memory" dialog. 

IK: In the above case, when you click "Next segment", CT will just jump back to the first segment. You might add some additional segments/fragments via "Add fragment to memory" dialog. 

Great, thanks!

H.

Login to post a comment