Start a new topic

Handling of TMs in SDL projects

Hi,

I don't do a lot of SDL projects, but I've just started on a large one, and there's one thing that's troubling me.

In the past, my recollection is that CT converted the SDL tm into a tmx and then used that tmx from thereon in (specifically, on reopening the project reloaded the tmx.)

In this project, although the tmx is present in the TMs folder, on reopening the project it is reloading the SDL tm, which means that all segments from previous sessions are not in the TM.

This is naturally highly undesirable.

Is this really the intended behaviour? Can it be fixed?

Jeremy

In the past, my recollection is that CT converted the SDL tm into a tmx and then used that tmx from thereon in (specifically, on reopening the project reloaded the tmx.)

CafeTran has always opened  SDLTMs from SDL project as read only because they are not TMX. Just create a new TMX memory for new segments of your SDL project and open it along with SDLTMs. This new TM should be displayed in the Dashboard so make sure it is checked there after restart. This way you can have both SLDTM for memories included in the SDL project and your own TM for new segments. 

Each time you open an SDL package with an included SDLTM, you get the TMX Memory options window and Read-only option is not selected.

To make the behavior explained in the above post more explicit to the user, the Read-only mode could be enabled by default and maybe made untickable.

If ProjectTM is enabled, it could also create a ProjectTM at the location of the SDL file/package, but that is another story.

Both remarks are true. CafeTran will be more consistent with handling of TMs in non-native projects soon. Thanks!

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment