Start a new topic

REQ: Re-arrange tabs by dragging them

I don’t know if this is possible in Java, but it would be neat if it was possible to re-arrange the order of tabs by dragging them like one can do with browser tabs. This is something I often wish I could do in CT.

Since switching between tabs is cleverly possible via keyboard shortcuts, this would a be very useful way (apart from docking tabs) to keep some resources close together to speed up the process.

Example: I usually have 3 or 4 parallel concordancers open, as well as some other monolingual or bilingual web resources, depending on the job (I usually join TMs/glossaries, but this could be applicable also for such tabs, if separated).

Even if I enable simultaneous searches to avoid having to conduct separate searches, switching between tabs would be made much more practical/efficient if it was possible to have all parallel concordancers (all bilingual dictionaries, you name it, depending on the conducted search) conveniently re-arranged side-by-side. Dragging the tabs is one of the most intuitive ways of achieving this, but of course, this could be done in different ways.

How does that sound?

Jean

Yes, dragging the tabs is a very intuitive way to change their order. It will be added on some rainy day.

Thank you Igor for considering this! Judging from the weather, it should be raining soon enough :-)

I wonder how this will play with the Project templates, if the tab order should be remembered or left to rearrange on a per job basis. 

Hi,

good idea, the more so because the order of tabs is each time different (accidental) depending, I guess, on how fast a resource is loaded.

Regards

Wojciech

It will be added on some rainy day.

Does this mean that we might have a higher chance of having our proposals implemented when it rains in Poland?

… clapping my hands and praying for some rain in Poland …

Does this mean that we might have a higher chance of having our proposals implemented when it rains in Poland?

I think checking whether reports for northern Poland seems like a good idea.

Login to post a comment