CafeTran Espresso 2017 Yeddi update 24 is available for download. The update can be performed via the Drag & Drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded .zip file into CafeTran's Dashboard - the first screen after the start.
Alternatively, you can install the update via the Update button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
Understood. Thanks, Jean.
The new build of update 24 (2017101802) is available for download with the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed a color issue while selecting a text in the back themes on Mac OS - Mac look & feel.
- Showing auto-propagation P mark for non-CafeTran projects - for the current session only.
- Accepting .xlsm (Excel with macros) documents in the MS Excel filter.
- Matchboard option to hide terms and fragments - after right-clicking on the Matchboard panel.
- Fixed a long text display in a pop-up info message when opening some sdlxliff files.
Please update the program as described in the announcement post above. Thanks!
> Where and how must this be done, please?
On Linux systems, CafeTran.sh file needs to be edited to point to the Start.jar file located in your installation folder. For example,
java -jar /home/wolfram/tools/cafetran/Start.jar
and make sure that your default java is Oracle's Java - not Open JRE or JDK installed on some Linux distributions.
Please check this link on how to install Oracle's Java 9 on Linux Ubuntu: http://tipsonubuntu.com/2016/07/31/install-oracle-java-8-9-ubuntu-16-04-linux-mint-18/
As it says in the following OpenSuse link, due to Oracle (Sun) licensing policies, Java JRE cannot be included in the repositories of openSUSE anymore. Here is a quick guide on how to install the newest and secure version:
First you need to download the RPM from Oracle's Java website:
Once you have Oracle's Java JRE installed, either set OpenSuse's default Java version to Oracle JRE (not OpenJDK) or edit the .sh file to that java installation as described in:
After successfully installing Oracle's JRE, you should be able to launch CafeTran Espresso 2017 fine.