Start a new topic

Propagation in Studio projects doesn't happen

Am I the only one having this problem frequently?

When translating a Studio project with 3 Excel files with screen messages, I note that propagation doesn't take place.

Propagation settings:

Project segments:

I had to manually insert 802-805. Now 806 isn't propagated to 807 etc.

I already created a ticket for Igor in the past, with a similar project. Of course, on his computer everything worked fine.

Anyone any idea why it doesn't work as advertised on my Mac?

Thanks in advance!

Duh, and sometimes, in the same project, it works as supposed:

Note that there doesn't appear a 'p', though.

And here it worked too:

To:

This is most annoying. In Studio the segments are auto-propaget correctly:

Another example (hoping that someone will understand what's happening):

No auto-propagation from 2385 to 2386, and then:

No auto-propagation from 2386 to 2387. Note the Context match indication for 2386. Which is probably the culprit.

With the Autopropagation forward only option on, you may have set some filter (e.g. sorting) that shows the segments in some unusual order. The segments that appear visually later after filtering may actually occur before.

Changed AP to:

Closed project, reopened. Numbering is identical:

Note that there's one segment number difference with Studio:

Look who's there again:

Note that they're empty!

Note that they're empty!

When auto-propagation acts across multiple xliff files, you need to set an affected file in the current context and save it explicitly. It would be better to save those affected files automatically at exit. To be added for the next build. Thanks!

Thanks for fixing that one. But the other one, where adjacent segments sometimes aren’t propagated in CafeTran (whereas the same ones are in Studio) is still not fixed. Most likely, because you cannot replicate it.
Login to post a comment