Start a new topic

REQ Improvement of the non-translatables pick list

Would it be possible to clean up the non-translatables pick list?

• Remove duplicates?
  • Perhaps place the letter-only non-translatables at the top?
  • If the number of number-only non-translatables is limited, make the mnemonic the first number of the combo (e.g. 3 for 34823828)?

Hi,

I believe that it is better to maintain the order of appearance (at least as an option). Thanks to this in simple cases one can insert the items from the list without even looking at it. I noticed that on my computer the F4 list sometimes duplicates identical non-translatables and sometimes not. I don't know why (tags, white spaces or something like this being the reason?). The best way to clean up the list would be remove elements that have already been transferred to the target sentence (like in one leading cat tool) and returning them to the list immediately after deletion from the target. But I'm not sure whether CT can handle it in a technical sense.

Perhaps number non-translatables could be suggested within auto-completion function after pressing the first digit from the keyboard.

Regards

Wojciech

>Perhaps number non-translatables could be suggested within auto-completion function after pressing the first digit from the keyboard.

Nice idea!

Login to post a comment