Start a new topic

QUES: what happened to percentage indication with fuzzy matches?

Hello,

after one of recent updates the percentage indication displayed with fuzzy matches disappeared.

It makes using fuzzy matches much more difficult to me.

Would it be possible to restore those indications or is it just CT working improperly on my computer.

Regards

Wojciech

Hello,

I think it does, but can you upload a screenshot so that I can make sure we're talking about the same thing?

Jean

Hi,
I mean the indicator that shows compliance of a fuzzy match with the current segment that used to be displayed on the matchboard information panel e.g. 86 %.
After the introduction of the yellow link on the matchboard the above information ceased to be displayed.

Regards
                                        Wojciech

Hello,

As I see it in my Matchboard right now, it seems all the information is displayed correctly. Maybe I'm missing something. Sorry, I don't remember how it was before.

So, for instance:

- Segment TM matches (purple color) do display the fuzzy match percentage.

- Exact (EM) and Context (CM) matches are also displayed (100% and 101%).

- TM Hits show as Fuzzy matches (FM) (which they are) and display the Hits below.

- Subsegment TM matches become Virtual matches (VM) past a threshold

- Glossary entries (green color) are shown as Exact matches (EM) (which they are, with regards to the term they represent)

- Partial TM matches are also shown as Exact, I think when a current subsegment corresponds to a full TM segment (or subsegment?)

Does the Matchboard display such information for you?

If not, maybe a ticket (or a screenshot) is necessary.

Regards,

Jean

You may confuse fuzzy matches for fragments with fuzzy matches for the whole segments.  Segment's fuzzy matches have the purple background in the percentage field of the Matchboard.

Igor

Hi,

I mean  percentage indicators displayed on the purple backgroud for the whole segment matches.
After closer examination I noticed that they are actually shown on my screen but I can see only a small part of the first digit (no more than one third, I think). These fragments of digits (parts of percetage indicators) are in the yellow colour being the yellow link introduced recently. After undocking and docking the matchboard again I once had the percetage indicator on the purple bakcground displayed in full (as the yellow link). But then the problem returned.
I tried switching off the shortened information option but it doesn't help.
What can I do about it?

Regards

Wojciech

Hi Wojciech,

One possibility is that you have the Matchboard resized narrowly. Try to shorten match information by right-clicking at the Matchboard pane and choosing this option in the menu.

Hi,
the problem occurs when auto-assembling panel is switched off. When it is on being displayed at the top of the matchboard the information column has proper width and everything is shown correctly. Similary, when the column begins with a black 101 % box everything below is OK. But if the column starts with a purple box for fuzzy segment matches it fails to display the whole content from the left. Widening the matchboard or shorten information option do not help.

Regards

Wojciech

The percentage display issue has been fixed in the build 2017091301 of the update 21.

Login to post a comment